Wednesday, April 18, 2007

CSFF Blog Tour- Review of Karen Hancock's Website

Today is the third and final day of the CSFF Blog Tour for Karen Hancock's latest book, The Return of the Guardian-King. You can buy her book at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0764227971.

I don't have much time on my hands, and since I usually like to keep things short and sweet, I will give a brief review of Karen Hancock's website. And once you're finished reading this review, why don't you go to the website and check it out for yourself? It's pretty cool! The link is: http://www.kmhancock.com/index.htm. While you're at it, visit her blog too: http://www.karenhancock.blogspot.com/. :)

Karen Hancock's website has so much useful and fun information. She has information about each of her published books, along with reviews, letters, and scrapbooks. The scrapbooks contain photos that inspired her writing, along with a brief explanation of each photo. It's fun to see what sort of stuff came together to inspire a story. :)

The website has a list of Karen Hancock's favorite books. I love reading these lists because I discover new books. And the bonus is that I know I might like them because a fellow fantasy writer recommended them. :)

I also discovered a link on the home page to a glossary of terms for The Legends of the Guardian-King. This glossary is better than most because it divides the terms into categories such as places, people, creatures, etc.

In addtion to everything else on her site, you can read a brief bio of Karen Hancock, subscribe to her newsletter, read her thoughts on writing, and request free bookmarks and autographed labels for books. Overall, this is a well-organized, informational, and fun website. It has many pages and links without appearing cluttered or confusing.

I highly recommend this site for fans of Karen Hancock's books, and really for all speculative fiction readers. It has some helpful links for writers, too! :) I can't wait to get back to it and browse some more.

Please visit the other blogs participating in the CSFF Blog Tour!

Nissa Annakindt
Wayne Thomas Batson
Jim Black
Jackie Castle
Valerie Comer
Karri Compton
Frank Creed
CSFF Blog Tour
Gene Curtis
D. G. D. Davidson
Chris Deanne
Janey DeMeo
April Erwin
Kameron M. Franklin
Linda Gilmore
Beth Goddard
Marcus Goodyear
Andrea Graham
Katie Hart
Sherrie Hibbs
Sharon Hinck
Christopher Hopper
Heather R. Hunt
Becca Johnson
Jason Joyner
Karen
Tina Kulesa
Lost Genre Guild
Kevin Lucia and The Bookshelf Reviews 2.0 - The Compendium
Rachel Marks
Rebecca LuElla Miller
Shannon McNear
Caleb Newell
Nicole
Eve Nielsen
John W. Otte
Robin Parrish
Rachelle
Cheryl Russel
Hanna Sandvig
Chawna Schroeder
Mirtika Schultz
James Somers
Tsaba House Authors
Steve Trower
Speculative Faith
Daniel I. Weaver
Dawn King
Rebecca Grabill
Jill Hart

Becca Johnson

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I could spend days on Karen's website - there is an amazing lot of content there. I'm glad you mentioned it!

Becky said...

Excellent, Becca. As far as I know, you're the only one who did an overview of Karen's website. You made me realize I need to spend more time there, too.

Thanks again for being a part of the tour.

Becky