The subject of this week's quotations is joy! I find it humorous that the week before finals, I posted quotations on courage, and now that school is over, I'm posting quotations on joy. I didn't plan it that way! :D How funny! Okay, here are your quotations of the week:
1. Every joy is gain. And gain is gain, however small.
2. Joy is prayer—Joy is strength—Joy is love—Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. God loves a cheerful giver. She gives most who gives with joy. The best way to show our gratitude to God and the people is to accept everything with joy. A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love. Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of the Christ risen.
3. The joy that comes past hope and beyond expectation is like no other pleasure in extent.
4. Surely joy is the condition of life.
-Henry David Thoreau
5. The writer's joy is the thought that can become emotion, the emotion that can wholly become a thought.
I wish you joy of your unhappiness, since you cling to it so.
Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.