Sunday, May 20, 2007

Quotes of the Week #1- Courage

Okay, I've decided to add a new feature to my blog! :) Once a week, I will post five quotes on a certain topic, along with one related humorous quote (if I can find one) and one unrelated random quote. Sound like fun? I love quotes, so it sounds like fun to me! :) Let me know what you think! Feedback is always greatly appreciated. :D

This week's topic: courage. (The quotes are posted in no particular order.)

1. You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
-Aristotle

2. Courage is just fear, plus prayers, plus understanding.
-Edward Albert

3. Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.
-Billy Graham

4. Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
-C.S. Lewis

5. Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die.
-Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Humorous Quote:
To bathe a cat takes brute force, perseverance, courage of conviction - and a cat. The last ingredient is usually hardest to come by.
-Stephen Baker

Random Quote:
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.
-C.S. Lewis

That was fun collecting those quotes! Remember, I welcome your opinions on this new feature. :D Have an awesome night!

Becca Johnson

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a fun idea! Now I'll know where to come when in need of good quotes. ;-)

Becca Johnson said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :D

Becca Johnson