1. Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go.
2. Writing and reading is to me synonymous with existing.
3. When writing a novel a writer should create living people; people not characters.
4. [Writing] has nothing to do with communication between person and person, only with communication between different parts of a person’s mind.
5. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.