Sunday, July 1, 2007

Quotes of the Week #6- Christian Songs


1. Phrases on the pages of unknown
‘Til You read us into poetry and prose
We are kept and we are captive till You free us
Vaguely unimagined ‘til You dream us
-“Healed” performed by Nichole Nordeman

2. Jesus, Jesus, You found me
Through the long night you led me
You set me free
-“You Led Me” performed by BarlowGirl


3. It’s You that I search for
It is You I can’t live without
Your hope is what I long for
When nothing’s left in me
It’s You
-“It’s You” performed by Fireflight

4. I see a generation rising up
No longer accepting lies
As a band of worshipers run to the battlefield
They're finding their lives
I hear a voice
-“A Voice Calling Out” performed by Bethany Dillon


5. When you could just be silent and leave us here to die
Still, you sent your Son for us
You are on our side
-“You Are On Our Side” performed by Bethany Dillon

Humorous Quote:

Once I read a book
And this is what it said
If your music has a beat
Then you're gonna wind up dead
It doesn't really matter if it's Christian or not
If it's syncopated rhythm then your soul is gonna rot
And this book was called "Ha! You’re Gonna Burn"
-“The Houseplant Song” performed by Audio Adrenaline

(Sounds a little like some people's views on speculative fiction, doesn't it?)

Random Quote:
Music is well said to be the speech of angels.
-Thomas Carlyle

Happy adventures!

Becca Johnson

2 comments:

Merrie Destefano said...

Thanks, Becca! I just got a Fantasy 4 Fiction Tour banner from your site!
:)

Becca Johnson said...

Glad I could help! :D

Becca Johnson