Today is the first day of the Fantasy 4 Fiction Tour! If you're anywhere near where the tour will be visiting, you should definitely take this opportunity to meet the authors and support them! And whether you can make it to one of the tour stops or not, you should read the books! Go to The Fantasy 4 Fiction Tour website for more information! :D
I've been thinking about friendship a lot lately. One reason is that I don't get to see most of my friends often because they've either moved far away or they are just as busy as I am.
Another reason is that I've recently noticed that one thing I really love about books is characters, especially character relationships. Of the most recent relationships I've read about, my current favorite is the one between Artemis Fowl and Holly Short in the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. It's fun to watch Artemis and Holly move gradually from complete enemies to close friends. It's also interesting to watch how their relationship changes each of them. Artemis grows more compassionate and selfless, while Holly comes to trust him completely. This is the kind of thing that I read books for! :D Aaahhh, to have a friend you could trust your life to without question and have that same trust returned. A friend whom you share every adventure with and come to know well. :)
Well, sorry for making you wait so long for the quotes! :P Here they are:
1. A true friend is the gift of God, and he only who made hearts can unite them.
2. It is one of the severest tests of friendship to tell your friend his faults. So to love a man that you cannot bear to see a stain upon him, and to speak painful truth through loving words, that is friendship.
-Henry Ward Beecher
3. The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.
4. Every man should keep a fair-sized cemetary in which to bury the faults of his friends.
-Henry Ward Beecher
5. Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself (for God did not need to create). It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.
We are all like pictures that must not be looked at too near. They that come near us find more faults and badness in us than others at a distance know.
We are not here to learn how to live in the dark but to walk in the light. We are not here to get along with evil but to overcome it with good.
Happy adventures and friendships!