I didn't post my Quotes of the Week this last weekend, so I decided to do it now instead.
I'm excited about this post because I found some great quotes on love to share! :D
1. There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket - safe, dark, motionless, airless - it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell.
— C. S. Lewis
2. If the first mark of a true and living church is love, the second is suffering. The one is naturally consequent on the other. A willingness to suffer proves the genuineness of love.
3. Because we love something else more than this world we love even this world better than those who know no other.
4. Genuine love is so contrary to human nature that its presence bears witness to an extraordinary power.
5. The greatest gift is a portion of thyself.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Love, and a cough, cannot be hid.
God loves with a great love the man whose heart is bursting with a passion for the impossible.
Love every moment of the adventure!