Saturday, September 15, 2007

Quotes of the Week #13- Worship

The focus of this week's quotes is worship. I didn't find a humorous quote this week, but the other quotes more than make up for its absence. :)

May you be inspired!

1. As long as you notice, and have to count the steps, you are not yet dancing but only learning to dance. A good shoe is a shoe you don't notice. Good reading becomes possible when you need not conciously think about eyes, or light, or print, or spelling. The perfect church service would be the one we were almost unaware of; our attention would have been on God.
-C.S. Lewis

2. It is not enough for us to be where God is worshipped, if we do not ourselves worship him, and that not with bodily exercise only, which profits little, but with the heart.
-Matthew Henry

3. A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.
-C.S. Lewis

4. The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian does make me a different kind of woman. For I have accepted God's idea of me, and my whole life is an offering back to Him of all that I am and all that He wants me to be.
-Eliasabeth Elliot

5. The most valuable thing the Pslams do for me is to express that same delight in God which made David dance.
-C.S. Lewis

Random Quote:

Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us.
-Abraham Lincoln

Take joy in the adventure!

Becca Johnson

No comments: