This week, I'm using the quotes I have lying all around my room on different scraps of paper. Some have been given to me, others I've found somewhere. They lay hidden under some notebook or between the pages of a journal until I stumble upon them while looking for something or cleaning. They're like little treasures or jewels that I've sprinkled about my room to find just when I need them. Surprise gifts to myself. And today, I've decided to share some of them with you. So whether you stumbled upon them or came looking for them, may they bring you inspiration and revelation. :)
1. Not everyone possesses boundless energy or a conspicuous talent. We are not equally blessed with great intellect or physical beauty or emotional strength. But we have all been given the same ability to be faithful.
-Gigi Graham Tchividjian
2. Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are.
3. Don't worry about what you do not understand...worry about what you do understand in the Bible but do not live by.
-Corrie Ten Boom
4. God forgave us without any merit on our part; therefore we must forgive others, whether or not we think they merit it.
5. Be careful of the words you say
Keep them soft and sweet
You never know from day to day
Which one's you'll have to eat.
6. "..., to be an honest man is not easy, but I fear that is what I am. It is an affliction of mine that tries me sorely. Yet . . . what can a man do? I want only what is mine, and not to trade upon the happiness or unhappiness of others."
Louis L'Amour in Fair Blows the Wind
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car.
-Laurence J. Peter
Take joy in the adventure!