Tuesday, October 23, 2007

CSFF Blog Tour- Bark of the Bog Owl by Jonathan Rogers

This month, the CSFF Blog Tour is featuring Bark of the Bog Owl, book one of the Wilderking Trilogy, by Jonathan Rogers.

I haven't yet had a chance to read this book, but from what I've seen of the information on it, it sounds like a really fun book.

I stopped by Jonathan Rogers' Website to find out more about Bark of the Bog Owl. It's a nice website. It includes information on the different characters and races in the book, a map of the world, plot summaries for each book in the trilogy, excerpts from the books, and information about the author. My favorite part of the website are the wilderness background noises that play. It adds a feeling of actually being there while you read about the world.

I read the website's excerpt from Bark of the Bog Owl, and really enjoyed it. It immediately draws you in and makes you instantly like Aidan, the main character. I look forward to when I'll have a chance to read this book. It seems like something I'd like, since it looks like it's full of adventure, fun, and lovable characters.

You can see what the other people on the tour are saying about Bark of the Bog Owl by visiting the blogs below:
Brandon Barr
Jim Black
Justin Boyer
Grace Bridges
Amy Browning
Jackie Castle
Valerie Comer
CSFF Blog Tour
D. G. D. Davidson
Chris Deanne
Janey DeMeo
Merrie Destefano or Alien Dream
Jeff Draper
April Erwin
Linda Gilmore
Marcus Goodyear
Andrea Graham
Jill Hart
Katie Hart
Sherrie Hibbs
Christopher Hopper
Becca Johnson
Jason Joyner
Karen
Dawn King
Mike Lynch
Rachel Marks
Karen McSpadden
Melissa Meeks
Rebecca LuElla Miller
Eve Nielsen
John W. Otte
Lyn Perry
Deena Peterson
Rachelle
Cheryl Russel
Ashley Rutherford
Hanna Sandvig
Chawna Schroeder
James Somers
Steve Trower
Speculative Faith
Donna Swanson
Daniel I. Weaver
Laura Williams
Timothy Wise

Live the adventure!

Becca Johnson

2 comments:

Becky said...

Becca, this is one of the best posts from someone who has not read the book I've ever seen. Seriously, you did your homework and have given your visitors plenty of reasons to explore the Wilderking Trilogy.

I do hope you do get a chance to read the books--since they are "boy books" and a little "fantasy lite" I wonder how girls will react.

Of course, my theory is, we read any books regardless of main character, but that's just a theory.

And weren't you one who said in a discussion at my site, you favored male protags?

Becky

Becca Johnson said...

Becky-

Thank you for the high praise! :D

I'm can't wait to read the books. They sound really fun!

Yeah, I think I'd read any book despite the main character too. :)
But, like you said, I do prefer male protagonists. I'm not sure why, but something about them often seems braver, stronger, heroic, and more realistic.

Thanks for stopping by, Becky! :D

-Becca Johnson