Saturday, November 10, 2007

Relentless by Robin Parrish, First in the Dominion Trilogy


I recently read Fearless by Robin Parrish. The book is the first in the Dominion Trilogy. It was a really good book! The plot moved quickly, and I found the characters engaging.

Summary:
I can't say much without giving stuff away, but I can tell you that this is about a man named Grant who steps off the bus one day and sees himself walking down the street. He finds out that he has switched bodies and lives with someone else, and it seems that there are many groups of people involved in this and/or out to get him.

Weaknesses:
-There were some grammar and spelling mistakes.
-A few plot points seem to be forgotten and left behind.
-Focused a lot on action, which I liked, but might bother those who prefer books with more low points.

Strengths:
-Fast-paced action. Some really great action scenes, especially at the end.
-Interesting characters. The ones I found most intriguing were: Grant, Hannah, Alex, and Payton.
-Engaging plot. Parrish created a good amount of mystery and suspense throughout the novel that kept the pages turning. He also thought of some very cool stuff for the plot and characters (once again, I can't say much for fear of giving anything away).

Overall, I recommend this book to people who like speculative fiction, stories about superheros, or fast-moving books.

Also, I recommend visiting Robin Parrish's website. He has a blog, a graphic novel that happens in between the events of Relentless and Fearless (the second book in the trilogy), and lots of other fun stuff! :D

Live the adventure to its fullest!

Becca Johnson

No comments: