Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pieces of Words #4

Most of today's quotes come from Twitter. In fact, even the quotes from authors were found by me on Twitter. Enjoy them!

Twitter:

"Our revelation of humility has to change. There are too many lamps with bushels hanging over them…feeling bad for what they have." –William Matthews of Bethel Music

"Perfectionism is religion, excellence is Kingdom." –Pastor Bill Johnson of Bethel Church

"Faith is much more free to develop when we truly see the heart of God as good." –Pastor Bill Johnson of Bethel Church

"One glance at the Cross dispels any thought that God is somehow holding out on us." –Matt Lockett

"There are things in this world worth fighting for - among them is true friendship. So get in the ring, and keep fighting even if you bleed." –Ivoryline

Authors:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." –John A. Shedd

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." –George Eliot

Do you have any quotes you've heard or read over the past week that you'd like to share? Please feel free to leave them in the comments. I love reading what people find.

Becca Johnson

5 comments:

miruialiel.eternalprincess said...

Yay! =D I really liked the one about perfectionism and the one from Ivoryline.

"I think you have the wrong idea about this fearless thing. Being fearless doesn't mean having an absence of fear. It means you press on in spite of the fear." -Julie Sanders (Taken from Fearless, the second book of The Dominion Trilogy)

Kevin Flynn: I had a feeling you'd be here.
Clu: The cycles haven't been kind, have they?
Kevin Flynn: No, you don't look so bad.
Clu: I did everything... everything you ever asked!
Kevin Flynn: I know you did.
Clu: I executed the plan!
Kevin Flynn: As you saw it...
Clu: You- You promised that we would change the world, together. You broke your promise...
Kevin Flynn: I know. I understand that now.
Clu: I took this system to it's maximum potential. I created the perfect system!
Kevin Flynn: The thing about perfection is that it's unknowable. It's impossible, but it's also right in front of us all the time. You wouldn't know that because I didn't when I created you. I'm sorry, Clu. I'm sorry...

Rachel said...

Oh, I really like these! Good picks, Becca!

Becca Johnson said...

Thank you for sharing those quotes, Sarah. :)

Thank you, Rachel! :D I'm glad you liked them.

anjuli_belle said...

Loved those! These are some of my favs:

“[I] cannot help believing that we have been brought to this place for a purpose. And the One who brought us here will not see his purpose fail.” -Stephen Lawhead

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket — safe, dark, motionless, airless — it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell." -C.S. Lewis

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, 'You owe me.' Look at a love like that, it lights up the whole world."

"The most difficult lie I have ever contended with is this: Life is a story about me.” Donald Miller

”Fairy tales do not tell children dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children dragons can be killed.” GK Chesterton

"Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" - Benjamin Franklin

"If we could read the secret history of our enemies we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility." -Longfellow

“Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” -Henry Ford

Glad I got to connect with you tonight, Becca! :) Anjuli

Becca Johnson said...

Thank you for sharing those quotes, Anjuli! Those are some good ones. :D My favorites are the ones by Lewis, Longfellow, and Ford. It was great to meet you too!

-Becca